Monday, October 5, 2009

The Bellmaker by Brian Jacques


In The Bellmaker, Mariel and Dandin from Mariel of Redwall are again the prominent characters. They are travelers, roving this way and that, seeking adventure. Gael Squirrelking and Serena his Squirrelqueen together with their son are held prisoner in their own castle by two vicious foxes. Mariel and Dandin in helping them escape are captured in their turn. Mariel's father Joseph the Bellmaker becoming worried by her continued abstinence, and being visited by Martin the Warrior in a dream, sets off after her.


I didn't enjoy this book as much as I do Brian Jacques other books. But I definitely recommend it. Upon thinking it over, the main reason that it wasn't as enjoyable for me was that Joseph figured so much in it, I don't like my main characters to be old.

No comments: